Ok, you got the book, the workbook, and the video. You dug in and worked this past week and what did you learn? (Link to last week’s assignment)
You learned that:
- Your struggle with your weight is NOT YOUR FAULT. (repeat after me… “It’s not my fault… it’s not my fault…it’s NOT my fault!!”)
- High Fructose Corn Syrup is in MUCH more than you likely realized, and since it’s introduction into the food chain…the food industry’s bottom line has gotten fatter..and so have we!
- Fad diets don’t work, and you can’t just exercise it off either. There is no simple solution to reaching and maintaining a healthy weight, however that doesn’t mean it’s difficult to do… it just means there is more to it that just diet and exercise.
- You learned that many people walk around “non-sick” but that doesn’t equate to “healthy”. (but you CAN change your trajectory)
- Habits of Health:
- Habits of healthy eating
- Habits of moving your body
- Strategic behavioral habits
- The habit of support through vitanutrients
- The habit of reducing dangerous inflamation
- Habits of good sleep
- The habit of creating a POSITIVE environment (I can’t tell you HOW important this is… but it IS uber-super-duper-important!)
- Habits of support
- You learned that you CAN adopt these habits of health, that they will work for you, that you don’t need “willpower” to achieve them, and… if you change your habits you will lose weight and can keep it off for life. (YES, it is possible!)
- You learned to change your focus from an “instant gratification” mindset to a re-orientation to focusing on optimal health for a lifetime. (Step by step, day by day)
- Finally… you were given a roadmap… a path to Optimal Health and beyond.
So… how do you feel so far? Do you understand anything new about yourself? Share your thoughts in the comment section below then move ahead and get ready for the lessons in Week 2!
- Habits of Health Reading:
- Read Chapter 3 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health (HOH)
- Read Chapters 5 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health & Complete The Health Assessment
- Workbook Assignment:
- Complete Lessons 4 & 5 – “Your Current Reality”
- DVD Video Series Sections to Watch:
- View Volume I – Lesson 4 “Start Where You Are”
- View Volume I – Lesson 5 “Deciding What You Want”
- Learn how to set goals
- Learn “What is Structural Tension”
- Determine your current reality in order to create your personalized “Structural Tension”
And.. another little message from Dr. A’s YouTube feed: Choices(I will post one each week…)